ETOOBUSY 🚀 minimal blogging for the impatient
The Foo::Bar mystery in Strawberry Perl
There is (was?) something weird going on with package
Foo::Barin Strawberry Perl.
When I put App::Easer trial release 2.001 in CPAN, I was surprised to see three failures in three releases of Strawberry Perl.
Looking at the test reports, it seems that the tests expected to find an
Foo::Bar package containing a sub-command, but it was not
new method to instantiate it.
In App::Easer V2 terms with the old test, this means that
Foo::Barpackage was actually in scope, but did not support a
method. Only… I did not put it there.
This seems to be confirmed by the fact that I’ve since changed the
package prefix to
Foo::SubCmd instead of plain
Foo::, and tests now
work like a charm (see this).
So the only conclusion that I can draw is that Strawberry Perl
installations that participate in CPAN::Testers actually come with some
Foo::Bar package, which messed up my tests. My next step will be to
try and install Strawberry Perl and see what’s going on - unless
some wise person can tell me what’s going on!
Stay safe and… cheers!